Sept 2019 – Coordinators Bulletin 2019 09 No.1
Dragons Abreast Australia is seeking new Board Directors.
DAA will be advertising for up to three new Directors to join the National Board. Currently we have six Directors but as of the AGM Marion Blake will be stepping down. Marion has been involved with DAA for over 10 years and now it is time for a rest. Marion has contributed greatly to DAA and while we are sad to see her go we know she will still be around likely as a member of the Advisory Panel. We will farewell Marion more formally at a later date.
While our advertisement suggests we are recruiting three new members we will only do so if they have the appropriate skills and available time to commit to the role. The DAA Board is very much a ‘hands on Board’ and while we set strategic direction we do take an active role in achieving the objectives. The roles we are looking to fill are:
· Fundraising at the corporate level with proven experience raising funds through sponsorship and grant applications. Ideally the person currently works in a corporate environment with an excellent network of business of contacts to spread the word about DAA while raising funds.
· Marketing and Communications experience in a non profit environment. If the candidate currently works in a non profit role we expect they would only apply if there is no conflict of interest with DAA.
· Finance background with the ability to understand financial statements, prepare annual budgets and manage DAA finances. DAA uses Quickbooks and has a very experienced Bookkeeper who provides support.
We attach the full Position description and it is important when replying to address the criteria as follows:
· The position you are interested in and why – giving examples of experience relating to the role
· Previous relevant experience addressing the essential criteria with examples
· Previous Board memberships detailing your role on the Board and achievements
· How you can benefit DAA with your skills
It is also important that candidates have appreciation and understanding of the corporate responsibility and accountability required of a Board member.
Please forward this email to your members and they are most welcome to forward to anyone who they know who has the required skills and time to join DAA National Board.
If you require further information please contact me or any member of the Board.
Mabel Sansom – on behalf of the Board